MEDIPARTNER LIMITED TERMS & CONDITIONS (“Terms”) for Members of the Post Office Health & Wellbeing Services.
January 2022 – Version 1.3
Medipartner Limited offers a healthcare related service for policyholders of the Post Office.
- These terms and conditions form the basis of the contract between Medipartner Limited (“Medipartner”), with company number 12823291 and registered address at Gloucester House, Church Walk, Burgess Hill, West Sussex RH15 9AS and the applicant (“you”) to become a Member of Medipartner’s Post Office Health & Wellbeing Services. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before indicating your acceptance. You should understand that by becoming a Member, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- We specifically ask that you read clause 10 which sets out details of our liability to you under this Contract. We strongly recommend that you read and review these upon receipt and that you contact us immediately if you feel that you are unable to accept these Terms.
- Please also ensure that you read these Terms carefully, and check that information contained in the Membership Confirmation and these Terms reflects not only the information provided to you prior to this application, but that it reflects your understanding of the Membership Benefits you will receive. If you think that there is a mistake, please contact us to discuss.
- If you wish to contact us in writing, or if any clause in these Terms requires you to give us notice in writing, you can send this to us by e-mail, to the address stated in clause 15. If we have to contact you or give you notice in writing, we will do so by e-mail, by hand, or by post to the address you provide to us during your Membership application or as updated from time to time.
When the following words with capital letters are used in these Terms, this is what they will mean:
- “Digital Welcome Pack” means the Service information provided to you either via email link or on our Portal following Membership Confirmation.
- “Group Scheme” means a scheme where the fees are paid for you on your behalf by your employer.
- “Member” means a policyholder of a Post Office Protection product.
- “Member Benefits” means those features and services made available to you as a result of your Membership and which are listed in Schedule 1 of these Terms.
- “Membership” means your Membership of the Post Office Health & Wellbeing Services.
- “Membership Confirmation” occurs when we send you your Unique Identification Number (“UID”).
- “Membership Fees” means the sum paid by you, your employer or any other party acting on your behalf, for your Membership.
- “Portal” means the online web portal operated by us through which you access the Member Benefits.
- “Nurse Champion” means a qualified registered nurse employed by us to deliver the Services.
- “Terms” means the terms and conditions as laid out below.
- “Third Party Services” means the services provided by a third-party as set out in Schedule 1 of these Terms.
3. Conditions of Membership
3.1. These Terms will become binding on you and us when you receive your Membership Confirmation, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
3.2. In order to qualify for Membership, all of the following must apply:
3.2.1. You must be over the age of 18.
3.2.2. You must be a permanent UK resident.
3.2.3. You must submit current and accurate information regarding yourself (the “Member Data”) when subscribing to become a Member, including but not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, date of birth and contact telephone number.
3.3. You cannot let any other person make use of the Member Benefits, other than immediate family members residing in the same residence.
3.4. We reserve the right to deny Membership, or cancel an existing Membership, if any of the following occur:
3.4.1. You cease to be a permanent UK Resident.
3.4.2. You submit false or misleading Member Data at any time.
3.4.3. You are in breach of these terms.
3.5. Where usage of the Member Benefits is considered excessively high, we reserve the right to discuss the level of usage with you. Excessive usage of the Member Benefits may lead to additional fees being charged, or cancellation of your Membership.
5. Membership Benefits
5.1. As a Member, you will receive a range of Member Benefits, details of which can be found in Schedule 1 of these Terms.
5.2. We reserve the right to add, subtract, alter and in any other way amend the number and type of Member Benefits made available to you at any time and will do so by providing you with notice of any changes, such notice shall be communicated to you via the email you provided to us. You acknowledge and accept that it is the nature of such benefits that they can and do change over time.
6. Third Party Service
6.1. The Third Party Services will be provided in accordance with Schedule 1 of these Terms.
6.2. The Third-Party Services will be subject to the provider’s own terms and conditions, and we do not accept any liability or loss, or damage suffered as a result of a fault, error or omission in the provision of these services.
7. Membership Term and Renewal
7.1. Your Membership will be for an initial 12 months from the date of Membership Confirmation and will automatically renew on the anniversary of your Membership Confirmation, and on each subsequent anniversary, until cancelled by us or you in accordance with clauses 3.4 and / or 11.
8. Data Protection and use of personal data
8.2. We will occasionally share your information with third parties for administration of your Membership e.g., the online remote GP service, only insofar as it is necessary to fulfil our obligations under these Terms and in order to provide the Member Benefits to you.
8.3. We will use your personal data for the purposes of administering your Membership, communicating with you regarding your Membership and Member Benefits.
8.4. You can unsubscribe from receiving promotional messages by post, e-mail, SMS, or telephone using the unsubscribe functionality on any promotional message you receive or by contacting us with your preferences.
9.1. Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
9.2. We will meet our responsibilities under these Terms within a reasonable time unless it is not possible because of circumstances beyond our control. If we cannot meet our responsibilities, we will let you know as soon as possible confirming the reasons why we cannot. During this period, our obligations under these Terms will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the relevant event or circumstances and we will restart the Member Benefits as soon as reasonably possible. If we fail to meet our responsibilities due to the circumstances continuing beyond our reasonable control for more than 14 days, then you have the right to cancel your membership.
9.3. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation, but we will notify you in writing if this happens. Any transfer will not affect your legal rights or your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
9.4. Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude or limit your legal rights as a consumer.
10. Our Liability to you
10.1. As part of the Member Benefits, you may be provided with access to data including that derived from the content and data provided by researchers and third parties, which are referenced in the data provided to you. We take reasonable care to ensure that such data is accurate and up to date but make no representation or warranty about the accuracy or completeness of such data. The data is not intended to be, and must not be treated by you as, comprehensive but is an aggregation of the content and data available to us at the time of provision and available to you in accordance with your Membership.
10.2. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of the Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into these Terms.
10.3. Nothing in this clause or these Terms seeks to exclude or limit in any way our liability for:
10.3.1. death or personal injury caused by Our negligence or the negligence of Our employees, agents, or subcontractors.
10.3.2. fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by us; or,
10.3.3. any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
10.4. Subject to clause 10.2 & 10.3 above, we will not be liable for any losses incurred or suffered by you, directly or indirectly in connection with:
10.4.1. materials provided to you by or on behalf of us being corrupted or inaccurate.
10.4.2. you are unable for whatever reason to access the Portal; or,
10.4.3. benefits, goods, or services provided to you by a third party such as the online GP service.
11.1. If paying the Membership Fees directly to us, you may cancel your Membership at any time within 14 days from the date of first payment and receive a full refund providing you have not made use of the Member Benefits. If you do cancel your membership within 14 days of the first payment but after making use of the Member Benefits, no refund will be made but access to the Member Benefits and Third Party Services will continue for the month you have paid for.
11.2. You may cancel your Membership at any time by giving us one calendar month notice. During this notice period, you will continue to be entitled to receive the benefits of Membership and may change your mind at any time before the notice period expires.
11.3. If your subscription is part of a Group Scheme or other scheme funded by a party other than you and we receive notice from the payee that they will cease paying for your Membership, we will inform you that your Membership is due to expire, and we may offer you the opportunity to continue your membership by paying the Membership Fees. If you fail to accept the offer to continue your Membership and pay the Membership Fees within 14 days of receiving the offer to continue, we may cancel your Membership.
11.4. We may cancel your Membership without notice if the Membership Fees remain unpaid for more than 14 days.
12.1. From time to time, we may update these Terms. This may be necessary to reflect any change in the Member Benefits offered by us or due to changes in relevant laws or regulatory requirements. If any changes are to be made, we will notify you of this via the email you provided to us at least 30 days before the date that these will take effect and highlight the practical effects that this change may have for you. You will have the right to cancel your Membership following any proposed change to these Terms in accordance with clause 11.
13. Third Parties
13.1. No one other than you or us, their successors and permitted assignees, shall have any right to enforce any Terms of this Membership.
14. Governing Law
14.1. These Terms are governed by the laws of England & Wales.
15. Queries, Comments and Complaint Handling
Should you encounter any issues or concerns or wish to complain to us:
- please contact us at the email address below and tell us as soon as reasonably possible.
- please give us a reasonable opportunity to rectify the issues raised; and,
- we will use every effort to repair or fix any issues as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Please use the following methods of contact to reach us:
As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to the Member Benefits not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
Our membership allows you to navigate healthcare pathways by providing information, support and guidance for various conditions, including but not limited to: cancer, joints, muscles and bones, diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory.
Please note that we can only provide non-emergency services. If you are suffering from acute head or heart pains or have suffered trauma that requires immediate medical attention, you should call 999 and request an ambulance or visit your nearest accident and emergency unit immediately.
The following Member Benefits are included with your Membership:
The website portal through which you can access the Club. You will be provided with a UID login which allows you access to the Portal. From the Portal you may have access to a variety of online health related tools which we may make available to you from time to time.
2. Health Risk Questionnaire
Accessed via the Portal, the questionnaire asks you a series of simple questions covering your health, lifestyle and family history.
3. Nurse Champion Service
Every Nurse Champion is a qualified Nurse. Your access to a Nurse Champion is activated on Membership Confirmation. Your Nurse Champion is available during the following hours:
- 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays in England and Wales.
You may elect to speak to a Nurse Champion who can direct you to healthcare resources and information and help you to navigate healthcare pathways by providing information, support and guidance for various conditions: cancer, joints, muscles and bones, diabetes, cardiovascular and respiratory.
Following contact with your Nurse Champion they may refer you to a Third Party Service if investigatory procedures show such action to be necessary.
5. Third Party Services
(a) Symptom checker
Members will be given access to the online NHS 111 Symptom Checker on a syndicated basis, with additional onward journey options other than those already indicated by the NHS 111 service which should always be followed.
(b) Online Remote GP Service
The Nurse Champion may refer you to our third party online remote GP service provider for an online remote GP consultation by phone or video call.
When you first use the online remote GP service provider you may be asked to sign up to their terms and conditions prior to any consultation. The cost of this online consultation is included within your Member Benefits.
(c) Physiotherapy Triage & Support
Members can access online physiotherapy triage and support to assess any musculoskeletal conditions and receive immediate signposting to a correct pathway. Features include:
- Instant access 24/7 on any device.
- A simple to use assessment.
- A personalised programme for self-management.
- Unlimited chat feature with a Physio.
- Progress tracking