The Nurse Champion provides the following support and guidance to the Members:
A review of a health assessment report and navigation of publicly available support and guidance should a Member be invited to contact the Nurse Champion service.
Providing an access point for support and guidance following the Member receiving a referral to a medical specialist by a GP or other typically recognised medical practitioner to:
- Prepare patients for consultations with a medical specialist with the right questions to ask;
- De-brief patients following consultations;
- Provide support about test results and what they mean;
- Talk through a diagnosis and treatment plan;
- Navigate the treatment location options including:
- NHS provided treatment;
- “e-referrals” where NHS funded treatment can be delivered in a private hospital
- Help to book appointments following referral;
- Guide on general health and wellbeing to support treatment and recovery; and
- Provide practical support in sourcing medical equipment or accessories to aid recovery or to help the patient cope with their condition.